Looking for something to do other than cottage activities? There are many area activities to be enjoyed.
Truly a gem in the Ontario Parks system crown.
- Hiking - During the warmer months Algonquin Park offers kilometers of hiking trails of various difficulty and length.
- Biking - Bike trails for all levels including mountain biking. Bring your bike or rent from the bike rental shop in the park.
- Cross Country Skking & Snowshoeing - During the winter months Algonquin Park offer tremendous cross country ski and snowshoeing trails.
- The Algonquin Park Visitor Centre is a must see. A wonderful excursion during rainy days.
- The Algonquin Park Art Gallery has a variety art exhibits year round.
- The Spruce Boardwalk and Old Railway trails are wheelchair accessible.
- "The Algonquin Logging Museum brings to life the story of logging from the early square timber days to modern forestry management"...
- Downhill skiing at Hidden vally just 20 minutes away.
There are several golf clubs in the area.
- Grandview Golf Club
- Bigwin Island Golf
- Huntsville Downs Golf Course
Galleries and Gift Shops
There are numerous Galleries and Gift stores in the area
- The Old Palmer House, located in Dwight
- Oxtongue Craft Cabin, located just south of Dwight
- Algonquin Park Art Gallery, located at kilometer 99, just a 30 minutes drive
- Algonquin Outfitters has many gift and souvenir items, located 3 minutes away and in Huntsville too.
- Bush Company Bar & Grill
- Moose Cafe & Grill
- Muskoka on the Rocks
- The Norseman
Restaurants in Huntsville
Huntsville has some excellent restaurants, notibly:
- 3 Guys and a Stove
- Hilltop Restaurant